HOW TO MARK-UP A SWIMMER FOR A MEET
Locate your swimmer on the Events by Athlete report.
Here is how to read the Events by Athlete report:
#7 Girls 11-12 200 Medley Relay (3)2:21.321/5
#29 Girls 11-12100 FreeNT1/5
#81Girls 11-12200 Free Relay (4)2:05.821/5
#7 is the Event Number
(3) in the Medley Relay means Carter will swim 3rd and her stroke is Butterfly (see NOTES below)
1/5 means she will swim HEAT 1 in LANE 5
(4) in the Free Relay means she will swim 4th (or last) in the relay
Using the Events by Athlete report and a Sharpie marker, create the chart below on your swimmer’s arm or leg:
Carter’s chart will look like this:
|7||1||5||Med Relay – FLY (3)|
|81||1||5||200 Free Relay (4)|
- For the INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY (IM), the order of strokes is Butterfly, Back, Breast, Freestyle.
- For the MEDLEY RELAY the order is as follows:
Swimmer 1 (Backstroke)Swimmer 2 (Breast)
Swimmer 3 (Butterfly)Swimmer 4 (Freestyle)
- Typically at home meets, MMC will swim in lanes 2, 4, and 6.
- Typically at away meets, MMC will swim in lanes 1, 3, and 5.